March 28, 2012

10 - Blog Entry # 10

I really enjoyed the last few assignments of this course: learning about my own library’s OPAC system Destiny Follett, analyzing the design features and contents of great school library websites, and assessing how my own library measures up in terms of access and educational resources. As usual, I was able to understand the lessons better because there was a practical component that I could apply to my own situation (thanks Cathy!). I was also appreciative of the online access at the hotel I was staying on my family vacation in Mexico! On several evenings, I went to the lobby to download some material from various websites and LIBE 465 learning modules. Then, I came back to the hotel room or patio to read notes, compile summaries, and write my reflections. Sometimes I was feeling like I wished I had finished the lessons earlier (so the information could help me in my assignments  and I didn’t have to work on my vacation!) but at other times I was glad I had longer to synthesize and apply the new information.  I am appreciative of the time I have to take the LIBE courses while I am still teaching, instead of taking courses while I am working as a new teacher librarian as some of my colleagues are doing. I think that would be difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment