March 16, 2012

3 - Week 4

Week 4

I checked out the Humanities website of Stefan Stipp (see Week 2 comment) and it was fabulous! I have emailed him, and may borrow his ideas/rubric for the Book Review assignment.

I spent 2 hours at Starbucks yesterday, finishing off my library copy of Achieving Information Literacy Standards (2003 version) and will return it to the library this week. I took notes for the Rationale section of Assignment #3, as I believe it speaks loud and clear as to the need for more access, and more provincial funding in our School Libraries! There is much justification for a fully linked, interactive library website, which I am keen on building with my TL for Assignment #2.

Today I have the house to myself and am trying to get a headstart on Lessons 4 and 5, and research MARC records. I am planning on building a resource collection on the topic of Referencing Resources/Proper Citation, as this is something I am working on in my grade 7 class at the moment. On my professional day (Friday), I learned about the difference between Copyright and Copyright Free (Creative Commons). I find this interesting because my students rely on digital images for their research projects, and because of the proposed anti-piracy laws proposed in the US, that could jeopordize the existence of many Internet domains that we have come to rely on.

No comments:

Post a Comment